Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Book Review: Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor

Title: Daughter & Smoke and Bone
Author: Laini Taylor
Series: Daughter of Smoke & Bone
Published: September 27, 2011
Buy Links: AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE
Add it to GOODREADS
Star Rating: 5 out of 5

From page one you are instantly drawn into the amazing world that Laini Taylor has penned. A world filled with imagination and fraught with mystery and danger. Filled with exotic world locales like Paris, Morocco, and Prague. A world where at first glance everything is normal, but if you take the time to look at the shadows, you will discover a world you never knew.
In this world we find Karou, a blue haired 17 year old girl painted with tattoos studying art in Prague. Karou is such a beautiful mystery, with her alluring looks and her bizarre drawings of otherworldly creatures that no one suspects are real. As the story unfolds we learn more and more about Karou and her mysterious background and her upbringing with Chimaeras. We learn of her struggle to fit in both the mortal world and Elsewhere, the world she was raised in by Brimstone.

The world building is utterly amazing. You feel as if you knew these fantastical worlds have existed forever. You slip in so seamlessly.
This book just made me feel and wonder and question. I was so wrapped up in this new twisted and fantastical world. I thought for sure I knew where Laini Taylor was taking me with Karou and Akiva, but I was SO wrong! Not what I expected at all!

I have of read a book this amazing in a very long time. I am beyond looking forward to the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment