Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Book Review: White Trash Beautiful by Teresa Mummert

Title: White Trash Beautiful
Author: Teresa Mummert
Series: White Trash Trilogy
Published: July 9, 2013
Buy Links: AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE
Add it to GOODREADS
Star Rating: 5 out of 5

I couldn't put this book down. I read it in less than a day. By page 8 my heart was racing. I was so emotionally engaged in Cass's life, the trauma of her situation, the disparity she felt. I was 100% connected to her character. I felt what she was feeling. I knew already that this book was going to bring me to tears, and it did.

This book made me an emotional wreck! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time just waiting for the inevitable to happen. I cringed every time I thought it was coming, but when it finally did come, I had been lulled into a false sense of security, just as Cass had, and I was not prepared for it.

I felt that the decisions that Cass made throughout the book were spot on for the situation that she was in. She was a relatable character from the start and I loved every minute of her journey to find her strength and her happiness. I loved that she became her own "white knight". So powerful.
Tucker's character was good for me. I liked that yes they had a love story going on but it was more a love story between Cass and herself. Her learning to love herself, her discovering her strength and self-worth. She was able to do this with Tucker's help of course, but I never felt like he was overwhelming and pushy. I felt like he just gently nudged Cass to find her way.
Just an amazing story all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment